Juventus 2-0 Atalanta
Scorers: Dybala 28 (J), Mandzukic 49 (J)
Serie A Week 9 – Sunday, 25th October- 14:00 GMT – Juventus Stadium
Mario Mandzukic scored his debut Serie A goal but Paulo Dybala was the man of the match as Juve ran out 2-0 winners against Atalanta
Full match report to follow….
1. Paulo Dybala – What a performance. At the heart of every Juve attack, drifting from the left to the right, tracking back to defend, scoring a pornagraphic opening goal, providing the kind of assist Madzukic thrives on, winning a penalty…..the list goes on and on. It’s great to see people talking about him for all the right reasons.
2. Paul Pogba – Almost bacl to his very best – Galloped around the pitch like a thoroughbred, played some superb, intricate passes in the first half, dominated the midfield in the second. The missed penalty aside, he seems to be coming into his own again and playing very well as part of…..
3. KMP or PMK or MPK or….you get my drift – …the three man midfield of Khedira, Marchisio and Pogba ! It works, and it works damn well. The more often they play together, the better they perform as unit and individually. Funny that ? Allegri persisting with the same players actually makes the team better. Who would have though ?
4. Mandzukic scores ! – Give Mario Mandzukic a dodgy cross, and he may fap at it and fall on his arse. Give him the kind of delivery he needs, and he’ll finish all day. Great to see him score his debut Serie A goal.
5. Allegri’s tactics – I’ll be the first to admit that i wasn’t a huge fan of us changing formation yet again after starting to get to grips with a 4-3-3 that normally involves Juan Cuadrado. That said, Allegri got it perfect today, keeping the same midfield, resting key players and letting Dybala roam freely in attack. Bravo Max !
Man of the Match: Paulo Dybala
Flop of the Match: Simone Padoin
Pass Accuracy: 91%
Shots on Target: 10
Total Shots: 19
Ball Possession: 70%
Juventus: Buffon; Padoin, Bonucci, Chiellini, Evra; Khedira (Sturaro 89), Marchisio, Pogba; Pereyra (Asamoah 37); Mandzukic (Morata 77), Dybala
Atalanta: Sportiello; Bellini (Masiello 46), Toloi, Paletta, Dramé; Grassi, Kurtic, De Roon (Migliaccio 73); Maxi Moralez (Gomez 52), Pinilla, D’Alessandro
Ref: Di Bello
Sent off: Toloi 74 (A)
Saved penalty: Pogba 79 (J)